Monday, January 12, 2009

Indiana's '09 legislative session

Ok, so I spent six and half years as an insurance lobbyist for the Insurance Institute of Indiana (a trade association made up of about 25-30 insurance companies).  For the most of the time I was there, there were at least two or three other lobbyists working for the group at any one time.  

I left there to work for a state agency (Indiana Economic Development Corporation) for about three years.  I was our legislative director, but also worked to encourage insurance companies to expand and initiate their workforce in Indiana.

In both instances, I was part of a larger team...not this year.  I left the state job in December and have set up my own lobbying firm.  One client is firmed up, two more are possibilities, but it's been a pretty big leap of faith and it's pretty terrifying, but exhilarating at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment